We are happy to announce details and the agenda for Summit 2!
- DATE: Wednesday, June 20th
- TIME: 9:00 to 5:00
- PLACE: The Terrace Restaurant, SUNY New Paltz, New Paltz, NY
- REGISTRATION FEE: $25 (includes lunch and parking)*
Please join us for a day that brings together farmers, makers, designers, manufacturers, and others interested in strengthening the Hudson River Valley Watershed sustainable farm to fabric supply chain.
Learn about our progress toward a regional fiber economy. Here are some of the topics we will discuss:
- Update on a 1st in nation study on establishing tax incentives for climate-smart farming practices including sheep production.
- It Takes a Community: Nor’easter Sweater Project Farm to Fabric Partnership Laura Sansone & Colleen Keller
- HVTP Events & Social Media Committee Reports: We have been busy networking thru social media and events to connect and bring awareness of our project to our communities.
- HVTP Education & Marketing Committee Report: Telling our story with labeling and point of sale materials.
- Dana Havas, Local Fiber NY (Finger Lakes Region)
- HVTP R&D Committee Report: Scouring Options by Paula Kucera, White Barn Farm
- Wool as a Building Material presented by Kimberly Hagen & Suzy Hodgson, University of Vermont Center for Sustainable Agriculture
- HVTP R&D Committee Report: Testing and specifying fiber properties with Dr. Jared Nelson, Bio Materials Institute, SUNY New Paltz
- Partner Update: Overview of options & opportunities for growing and processing hemp in New York with Joy Beckerman, President Hemp Industries Association
Bring something you have been working on to share with the group. There will be a meet & greet as guests arrive. Break-out sessions to discuss ideas on ways to move forward. Lunch & Parking are included with your reservation.
* Please e-mail us at: email@example.com to request registration information